The Imperial Wharf Alexander Technique centre is run by the Walter Carrington Educational Trust Ltd. We collect the following information:
- When you contact us by any means with queries, etc. we collect contact information such as name and the means of contact (telephone no., email address, address) you provide.
- When you sign up to our email newsletter we collect name, email address and IP address. All our email newsletters come with a ‘unsubscribe’ facility and when you unsubscribe all such information is deleted.
- When you engage with us on social media such as Facebook or Twitter. You can unsubscribe at any time from these and we do not keep any information.
- When you make a purchase by email or in person and provide name and address and email address for the purpose of a receipt and/or delivery of goods (transaction-based data). Such information is part of our bookkeeping records which according to Company Act have to be kept for 10 years with our accounts. After 10 years these are destroyed. In the case of mail order we’ll need to share your name and address with a third party who is providing the delivery (e.g. Royal Mail, a courier).
- When you enroll for any of our Alexander Technique courses.
Please note that if you pay by paypal we do not obtain or have access to any credit card details.
Please note that when booking private lessons taking place at our premises you are booking with a teacher and not with the Walter Carrington Educational Trust. Contact the teacher for any personal information they may hold on you.
The information is stored on password protected computers and/or lockable cabinets, and only staff has access to them. We do not share personal information with any third party except:
- We may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
To ask for your information, please contact the Walter Carrington Educational Trust, Alexander Technique, 13 The Boulevard, Imperial Wharf, London SW6 2UB, or email email@example.com. To ask for your teachers’ listing to be amended, please email us.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
The Walter Carrington Educational Trust Ltd. is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration no. Z1751055.